They often say, “He/She is as harmless as an ant.” However, the people who have experienced an ant infestation will tell you that ants are not harmless. Instead, they are as far as one can be from the definition of harmless. If you too are bothered by an ant infestation at your place, give us a call at Glen Environment right away. We promise that an expert pest control team will be at your doorstep by the next day.
What Are the Different Types of Ants?
Ants come in various shapes and sizes. While some of them just cause nuisance, others are seriously harmful. Some of the most commonly available types of ants include Acrobat Ant, Alleghany Mount Ant, Fire Ant, Field Ant, Ghost Ant, etc. Actually, there are over a thousand different types of ants.
Why are Ants so Dangerous?
Here are a few solid reasons why ants are so harmful.
The ants reproduce very quickly. This ensures the survival of the ants for a long period. Killing a single ant is not difficult at all. However, killing an entire colony without help is nearly impossible.
One Pesticide May Not Work on All:
Your commonly available supermarket pesticides do not work on all types of ants. In fact, these pesticides have a very limited scope for killing pests. They work only on a handful of ants. The pesticides are harmful and often leave a chemical trace that is hard to remove. This trail can cause breathing problems, poisoning of food, as well as other serious health complications.
Large varieties of ants are poisonous. For example, fire and bullet ants. One bite from such an ant can leave your entire arm numb for days. The bite may cause severe pain as if the arm is on fire or it has been struck by a bullet. Hence, the name, fire and bullet ants.
Can Easily Enter Your Space:
Unlike large rodents, ants can creep into your home/office space very easily. They often enter your space through cracks in concrete or wooden walls/flooring.
Highly Productive and Efficient in Tracking:
The ants are highly productive and efficient in tracking food items. A single ant can invite hundreds of other ants if it locates a good food source.
Long Colony Life:
The lifespan of a single ant does not exceed a few days. However, a thriving colony of ants can last as long as 15 years!
Hard to Detect:
Detecting ants is very difficult in preliminary stages. You might not even catch the hint of an ant colony living under your roof until it is too late.
The number one problem associated with common household ants is that they cause a nuisance.
Can Harm Electrical Components:
The ants can easily enter the vent holes of your laptop or TV and spoil the electrical mechanisms.
Carrier of Diseases:
Some ants also carry harmful microbes and bacteria that can poison your food.
I have detected infestation of ants at my home. What do I do?
If you have detected an ant infestation at your home, there are good chances that the ant colony is already at a sustainable stage. You need to call an expert from Glen Environmental to assess the rate of infestation right away!
Once the Glen Environmental pest control expert is at your place, show him/her the ant colony. All experts on our team are equipped with high-tech pest control devices to get rid of the pests.
- The expert will correctly assess the scope of infestation and look for different places where the ants might have crept in.
- He/she will mark the various locations that need a treatment.
- Depending on the size of infestation, he/she might call for help. Our entire team will work together in clearing the ants in case of a large-scale infestation.
- The experts will then cover the unaffected items correctly so that ants do not creep into it.
- They then remove the ants on the outside with vacuum or other similar devices.
- Once the ant colony is clear of ants, they will cut the colony size into small pieces to get rid of it.
- They will collect all the ants and dispose them at a safe location away from your house.
- The experts will also use biodegradable products to kill remaining ants effectively.
- They will also seal all potential entry points for the ants so that you do not have to deal with a similar problem any time in the future.
Our team of friendly pest control experts will also guide you with ways to keep your house clean so that ants do not try to infest it again. The team will provide an end-to-end service for your complete house so that you do not have to call for our services again and again.